At Chenies we have a governing body consisting of the Headteacher and:
- 4 parent governors, elected or appointed from current school parents and carers
- 1 staff governor, elected by school staff
- 1 governor appointed by the local authority
- 5 co-opted governors
We meet together formally in a Full Governing Body meeting once each term. Each governor is also a member of one of more of our standing committees which also meet at least once per term to provide specialist focus on particular aspects of the school. All governors are also members of the General Purposes Working Group which meets at least once a term to tackle other important items that aren't covered by standard procedures of the standing committees.
Each governor is also made responsible for one or more specialist areas, where they develop a greater understanding and are expected to provide specific input and challenge as well as making relevant school visits.
The Committee Structure
Our standing committees are:
- Schools Committee; which is focused on the core purpose of our school, the achievement of our children and the quality of teaching we are able to deliver. The committee sets targets, reviews performance data, monitors interventions to support particular groups of children and the oversees the continuing development of our curriculum.
- Finance and Resources Committee; which sets and monitors our school budgets, agrees our capital spending on new facilities and equipment and takes responsibility for our health and safety policy and monitoring. This committee also reviews staffing and personnel matters.